Publishing books we'd want to read
We love to hear from fellow writers and artists - we appreciate your interest in Pencil Tip Publishing. Our books concentrate on the following genres:
- Cult and Genre Television
- Short Story Collections
- Original Fiction
- Doctor Who
Before contacting us with your submission, please carefully read our submission guidelines and policy.
A large majority of our books are either initiated ourselves or acquired through contact with one of our authors. While we do encourage unsolicited manuscripts and we welcome queries from authors and/or potential authors, we generally will announce when we are seeking submissions.
We are happy to receive submissions electronically, please only submit files as a single attachment in Word or PDF format. In order to increase your chance that your proposal will receive attention, we ask that you do not submit the entire manuscript.
Your proposal should include the following items and/or information:
- Your contact details (e.g. name, address, contact method)
- A brief bio of yourself. Have you been previously published or not? (If yes, please provide details regarding your publication history, publisher, etc. If no, please provide samples of your writing.)
- A 300-500 word outline telling us what the book is about and what qualifies you as an authority on the topic
- 25-40 pages sample project text. Detail and outline what audience your book will be aimed at. What ways do you envision reaching this audience?
- What help you can be in the promotion of the book? Organizational connections? Mailing lists? Workshops?
- What do you anticipate the length of your manuscript to be? (Please provide and approximate word count.)
- Will your book be illustrated? If so, how many images do you anticipate it including?
- When do you expect your book to be completed? How much do you currently have written?
Proposals should be formatted as following:
- Typed using Times Roman 12 pt font size
- Document margins should be set at 1 inch top, bottom, left and right
- Page size should be set to 8.5x11 inch size (Letter format) North American standard. DO NOT SUBMIT DOCUMENTS IN A4 FORMAT
- Pages should be numbered (e.g. 1, 2, 3, etc.)
- Page header should include your name, proposal title, contact email
- Page justification should be set at either left justified or full justified block
Response time to submissions generally is 8-10 weeks. If you do not hear from us by this time, please assume it is because we have numerous other submissions to read and assess. We are reading as fast as we can. We will respond.
PLEASE NOTE WE ARE NOT CURRENTLY ACCEPTING UNSOLICITED SUBMISSIONS
Pencil Tip Publishing is happy to supply review copies to media when appropriate.
Review copies will be shipped to you at the address of your institution. When requesting a review copy please include your name and position, the name of your publication/institution, mailing address and details of when we might see publication of your review.
We have a range of materials available for promotional purposes:
- Book covers
- Author bios and photos
- Review quotes and blurbs
- Short excerpts
For all of the above, please